Autodeposit & Request Money
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019
NEW Interac e-Transfer Features!
The Autodeposit feature allows you to have money sent via Interac e-Transfer automatically deposited directly into your bank account, without having to answer a security question. The Autodeposit feature continues to provide the value of Interac e-Transfer, without the need to share financial information.
For senders, there is added convenience of not needing to convey security answers while continuing to have the security of knowing who is receiving the funds, prior to sending.
Set-up is simple:
- Log in to your financial institution's online or mobile banking and navigate to Autodeposit, typically found in the Interac e-Transfer settings.
- Register your e-mail address and link your account. Any transfers to the registered email address will be automatically deposited into the account.
- You will receive an email to confirm your registration. Check your inbox and click "Complete Registration".
Easily request money you are owed with the Interac e-Transfer Request Money feature. When you send a request for money, the recipient is notified instantly and can accept the request. If accepted, the requested amount will be automatically deposited into your account and you will be notified when funds are available.
- Log in to your financial institution's online banking or mobile banking and navigate to Interac e-Transfer Request Money.
- Add or select a contact and fill out the name and e-mail address or mobile phone number of the person you wish to send the request to.
- Type in the specified amount you are requesting and select the account you would like the funds to be deposited into. You can also include a personalized message with the request.
- Once the recipient has fulfilled your request, funds will immediately be deposited into your bank account and you will be notified immediately.
For a list of frequently asked questions about e-transfers, click here.
Back to What's New